Boatzon is committed to maintaining a courteous and respectful community. Here are a few tips to help everyone experience an enjoyable experience:
- Be courteous, these are you peers in the marine and boating community
- If you change your mind on an offer, politely let the seller know so they can work with other buyers.
- If you're running late to meet someone or shipping your product is delayed, keep the other person updated.
In addition, when using Boatzon and interacting with buyers, sellers, dealers, or employees, please refrain from any of the behaviors below, in your post or in messages.
The following types behaviors are not allowed:
- Disrespectful behavior
- Spam or unsolicited offers
- Displaying prohibited profile content
- Fraudulent or illegal activity
Disrespectfulness, such as:
- Profanity or hate speech
- Threats of violence or actual violence
- Inciting violence
- Offensive or vulgar posts or messages
Harassment, such as:
- Targeting another person with complaints about items that were not purchased or expressing opinions about items with no intent to purchase
- Pressuring a seller to make a sale or a buyer to make a purchase
- Other comments not related to the item
- Comments related to another person’s looks, relationship status, etc.
- Any form of harassment including but not limited to hateful, obscene, offensive, profane, racist, sexual or sexually suggestive, defamatory, or violent language
Spam, unsolicited offers, or abusing our system, such as:
- Unsolicited messages sent to potential buyers, including those of a commercial nature
- Impersonation of another buyer, seller, Boatzon employee, or other entity in communications
- Any other misleading, fake, or malicious communication
- Misrepresenting yourself, or the products you’re selling
- Harvesting information about our users or directing our users to external websites or apps to collect their information
- Abusing our reporting system, or otherwise exploiting tools meant to protect the community
Use of disallowed content in your public profile or custom profile link, such as:
- Offensive or vulgar profile names, links, or photos, or those that infringe on the intellectual property rights of others. Check out our complete list of username guidelines.
- Use of the Boatzon name or image
- Inclusion of personal contact details
- Posting another person's private information, including contact information
Fraudulent or illegal activity, such as:
- Falsifying information
- Using Boatzon for any fraudulent purpose
- Violating any law or regulation while using Boatzon
We may remove content that violates these guidelines. In severe cases or where there are repeated violations, we may suspend or cancel an account or take other action. For more information, please see our Terms of service.