Please read this Policy carefully.
Supplemental policy materials documents that may be posted on the Platform from time to time are hereby expressly incorporated herein by reference. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to the Policy at any time and for any reason. We will alert you about any changes by updating the “Last Updated” date of this Policy and you waive any right to receive specific notice of each such change. Aside from material changes to the policy, of which you will be notified as required by applicable law, it is your responsibility to periodically review the Policy to stay informed of updates. You will be subject to and will be deemed to have been made aware of and to have accepted, the changes in any revised terms in this Policy by your continued use of the Platform.
Applicability as to Certain Information: While we collect information in several contexts, as described herein, this Policy does not apply to the following information:
2. Information collected by us from persons with whom we engage in business-to-business communications and transactions, such as information about Our partner’s employees and customers.
B. Sources of Personal Information
When you open the website or use the Boatzon Mobile Application, Our servers automatically record information that your browser or device sends. This data may include:
1. Information you provide to us directly. Information you directly provide to us.
3. Information automatically collected from your online interaction with Boatzon. We automatically collect technical information about your online interactions with us, such as your IP address and browsing preferences.
4. Information from public sources, including government entities from which public records are obtained and information you submit in public forums.
5. Information from third parties. We receive information about you and your interactions with us from third parties, such as credit reporting entities, marketing and advertising providers, social network services, data brokers, and companies that provide or sell lists of potential purchasers.
we may combine information that we receive from the various sources described in this Policy, including third party sources and public sources, and use or disclose it for the purposes identified below.
C. Types of Personal Information Boatzon Collects
The type of information that we collect from and about you (“Personal Information”) include, without limitation:
1. Geolocation data of your device.
2. Certain mobile device features (contacts, calendar, photo gallery, etc.), personal data and identifiers such as usernames, aliases, account names, online identifiers, social media identifiers, (Facebook name, Twitter handles, etc.), internet protocol addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, physical address country of residence, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers. Demographic information, such as age, race, gender, gender identity, national origin, religion, sex, citizenship, medical condition, military or veteran status, education, or date of birth.
3. Commercial information including records of personal property, creditworthiness, products, or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies; Geolocation information and approximate location based on your IP address or precise location with your express consent.
4. Professional, employment, or education information such as job title, employer, business address and contact information, employment history, other professional information, or education history.
5. Education information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
6. Audio, electronic, visual, such as call center recordings, or customer support chat logs.
D. How we use Your Personal Information:
we may use each category of your information described above in the following ways:
1. To enable interactions between you and Boatzon, such as to facilitate online purchases of boats, engines, trailers, products; posting boats and products for sale; process shipping and returns; register and administer your account, provide you with and support your interactions with us; facilitate an order, download, return, or exchange; provide requested boat, engine, trailer, product information; communicate with you about your account or Our data practices; install and configure changes and updates to programs and technologies related to interactions with us; authenticate those who interact with us.
2. For legal or security reasons, such as to comply with legal requirements; protect Our safety, Our property or rights of those who interact with us, or others; and detect, prevent, and respond to security incidents or other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
3. To enable you to provide us with further information.
4. For marketing, we may use your Personal Information to market our products or services or those of third parties, such as Our business partners. We may use your Personal Information to invite you to participate in marketing surveys, questionnaires, promotions, events, or contests. We may use your Personal Information to enhance Our content and to deliver advertisements to you, including commercial emails.
5. For any other purposes for which you provide consent.
6. Personal Information Processing: Processing your Personal Information depends on how you interact with the Boatzon Service, where you are located in the world, and if one of the following applies: (i) you have given your consent for one or more specific purposes; this, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Information is subject to California Consumer Privacy Act; (ii) provision of information is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof; (iii) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which you are subject; (iv) processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us; (v) processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. We may also combine or aggregate some of your Personal Information in order to better serve you and to improve and update Our Boatzon Service.
7. Note that under some legislations we may be allowed to process information until you object to such processing by opting out, without having to rely on consent or any other of the legal bases. In any case, we will be happy to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Information is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
8. Payment processors such as Stripe adhere to the latest security standards as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Sensitive and private data exchange happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures, and the Boatzon Service is also in compliance with strict vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for users. We will share payment data with the Payment Processors only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments, and dealing with complaints and queries related to such payments and refunds. Please note that the Payment Processors may collect some Personal Information from you, which allows them to process your payments (e.g., your email address, address, credit card details, and bank account number) and handle all the steps in the payment process through their systems, including data collection and data processing. Where necessary for processing future or recurring payments and subject to your prior consent, your financial information will be stored in encrypted form on secure servers of Our Payment processors. The Payment processors’ use of your Personal Information is governed by their respective privacy policies which may or may not contain privacy protections as protective as this Policy. We recommend that you review their respective privacy policies.
E. Sharing of Information
We may share your Personal Information with the categories of recipients described below:
1. Affiliates and subsidiaries: we may share your Personal Information within Our corporate affiliates, subsidiaries, business units and other companies that share common ownership for the purposes described above.
2. Authorized third-party vendors and service providers: we may share your information with third-party vendors and service-providers that help us with specialized services, including billing, identity verification, email distribution, market research, promotions management, payment processing, customer service, email deployment, business analytics, marketing, advertising, performance monitoring, hosting, and data processing.
In addition to cookies, Boatzon employs the use of web beacons, pixels, tags, or other tracking technologies, such as your Internet Service Provider and IP address, the date and time you access Our website(s), the pages you accessed while visiting our website(s), the Internet address from which you accessed our website(s), CPU speed, connection speed, browser type, operating system, device identifier) and geographic location of your computer, mobile or other device, as well as date/time stamp, IP address, pages visited, time of visits, content viewed, ads viewed, the site(s), application(s), destination(s), and/or service(s) you arrived from, and other clickstream data. These indicators may be used by us or third parties to monitor your activity across devices and websites over time, serve you targeted advertisements, and any other lawful business purpose.
we offer push notifications to which you may also voluntarily subscribe at any time. To make sure push notifications reach the correct devices, we rely on a device token unique to your device which is issued by the operating system of your device. While it is possible to access a list of device tokens, they will not reveal your identity, your unique device ID, or your contact information to us. We will maintain the information sent via e-mail in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. If, at any time, you wish to stop receiving push notifications, simply adjust your device settings accordingly.
we may engage in affiliate marketing and have affiliate links present on the Boatzon Service for the purpose of being able to offer you related or additional products and services. If you click on an affiliate link, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Some browsers incorporate a Do Not Track feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Tracking is not the same as using or collecting information in connection with a website. For these purposes, tracking refers to collecting personally identifiable information from consumers who use or visit a website or online service as they move across different websites over time. How browsers communicate the Do Not Track signal is not yet uniform. As a result, the Boatzon Service is not yet set up to interpret or respond to Do Not Track signals communicated by your browser. Even so, as described in more detail throughout this Policy, we limit Our use and collection of your Personal Information.
G. Information Security and Data Breach
we secure information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure of Personal Information in Our control and custody. However, no data transmission over the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed.
Therefore, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond Our control; (b) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and the Boatzon Service cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party, despite best efforts.
As the security of Personal Information depends in part on the security of the device you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect your credentials, please take appropriate measures to protect this information.
In the event we become aware that the security of the Boatzon Service has been compromised or users’ Personal Information has been disclosed to unrelated third parties as a result of external activity, including, but not limited to, security attacks or fraud, we reserve the right to take reasonably appropriate measures, including, but not limited to, investigation and reporting, as well as notification to and cooperation with law enforcement authorities. In the event of a data breach, we will make reasonable efforts to notify affected individuals if we believe that there is a reasonable risk of harm to the user as a result of the breach or if notice is otherwise required by law.
H. Children’s Privacy
Our Platform is intended for use of people over fourteen (14). We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any Personal Information through the Boatzon Service. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide Personal Information through the Boatzon Service without their permission. We also ask that all parents and legal guardians overseeing the care of children take the necessary precautions to ensure that their children are instructed to never give out Personal Information when online without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us through the Boatzon Service, please contact us at Privacy@boatzon.com to request that we delete that child’s Personal Information from our records.
I. External Links
While interacting with us you may encounter links to external sites or other online services, including those embedded in third party advertisements or sponsor information, that we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices and data collection policies for such third-party services. You should consult the privacy statements of those third-party services for details.
K. Contact Information
If you have questions regarding this Policy, please contact us at:
Boatzon , LLC
To opt-out of receiving promotional email messages from us, please click on the "Unsubscribe" link contained at the bottom of each email or by contacting us using the information above.
L. Your California Privacy Rights
This section applies to certain California residents and supplements (but does not replace) the Policy above. Consumers residing in California are afforded certain additional rights with respect to their Personal Information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
1. Personal Information Collection: As described in this Policy in the information collection section above, for twelve (12) months we have collected and may have shared with third parties the categories of Personal Information listed below:
o Personal identifiers (such as name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.)
o Person’s characteristics (such as age, gender, etc.)
o Biometric information (facial recognition, fingerprints, etc.)
o Commercial information, including records of personal property, product or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
o Audio, visual, electronic, or other types of recordings.
o Professional or employment information.
o Personal information subject to the California Customer Records Act, such as signatures.
o Internet or other electronic network activity.
o Citizenship status.
o Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
o Purchase history.
o Geolocation data.
o Information we collect from individuals with whom we engage in solely business-to-business communications and transactions, including due diligence transactions, such as information about the employees of Our business clients.
2. Collection Sources: Collection of the categories of Personal Information identified above may occur through one or more of the following sources:
o From you, when you engage in certain activities such as: registering and/or setting up an account/profile to access Boatzon .com, Boatzon ’s mobile applications, Boatzon ’s Insurance platform(s), Boatzon ’s Insurance platform(s), Boatzon ’s Warranty platform(s) or related Boatzon platforms and/or Service(s) and navigating and/or utilizing Boatzon ’s website(s), mobile, and/or related Service(s).
o From third party social networking service(s) that you may have accessed, visited, and/or used that may be integrated with or linked to the Service(s).
o From lead generation partners or sources.
o From identity verification partners.
o From entities that sell or share your personal information, including entities registered in California as data brokers.
o From service providers who gather personal information from you or external parties who possess and/or process your personal information, once you grant the requisite right, power, and/or authority to those service providers to act
o On your behalf and gather and/or provide such data to us.
o Through Local Device Storage (placing and/or storing code or other types of
o Information and/or devices (e.g., "cookies") on your computer, mobile or other device) or Tracking Technologies (web beacons, web bugs, clear gifs, and similar technologies).
o The business and/or or commercial purpose(s) for which we collect the data identified above may include one or more of the following:
o Auditing, such as auditing related to a current interaction with you and
o concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards;
o Debugging, such as debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
o The occurrence of mergers and acquisitions, including in the event Boatzon undergoes a corporate reorganization such as a merger, acquisition, sale of part or all of its business, or other related event, in which data may be collected, used, or shared for the purpose of negotiating or completing such transactions;
o Performing or improving services, such as maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, providing consumers with requested or personalized content, communicating with you about new features, products, or services, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, tailoring the services that we offer to your needs; verifying your information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of Boatzon;
o Quality assurance, including undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by Boatzon, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the Boatzon Service or a device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by Boatzon;
o Security, such as detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and/or prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
o Short-term, transient use;
o To communicate, advertise, and/or market Boatzon ’s goods, products, and/or services, to show you content and sponsored messaging, to engage in interest - based advertising, to gauge the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, and/or for other marketing or advertising purposes;
o To comply with legal or compliance requirements, such as compliance training, investigating, and responding to legal claims, responding to law enforcement requests, or as otherwise required by law;
o To conduct internal research, including undertaking internal research for technological development and/or demonstration and analyzing trends;
o To help diagnose problems with our servers, to gather broad demographic information, track users' movements around the Service, and/or to otherwise administer the Service; and/or
o To track geographic location, usage patterns, broad demographic information, and/or the movements of individual users.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information: The information identified in Section XI(a) may have been or may be disclosed to one or more of the following:
o Service providers, such as identity verification services, financial services, technical support, research, and analytics providers, etc.
o Third party social network services
o Our subsidiaries, company divisions, and affiliates
o Marketing and advertising partners or providers
o Consumer credit reporting companies
o Providers, such as those who offer marine accessories, insurance, warranties, etc.
o Companies to whom your data is shared at your direction
o Supplemental product
o Entities involved in a corporate transaction
o Public or law enforcement officials, as well as private parties involved in other legal process
4. Entitlement to Further Information: In addition to the rights as explained in this Policy, California residents who provide Personal Information as defined in the statute to obtain Boatzon Service for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us, once a calendar year, information about the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected and disclosed.
5. Furthermore, California residents have the right to request deletion of their Personal Information or opt-out of the sale of their Personal Information which may include selling, disclosing, or transferring Personal Information to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. To do so, simply contact us. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
6. How to exercise your rights: Any requests to exercise your rights can be directed to us through the contact details provided in this document. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Your request must provide sufficient information that allows us to verify that you are the person you are claiming to be or that you are the authorized representative of such person. If we receive your request from an authorized representative, we may request evidence that you have provided such an authorized representative with power of attorney or that the authorized representative otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests on your behalf. You must include sufficient details to allow us to properly understand the request and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information unless we first verify your identity or authority to make such a request and confirm that the Personal Information relates to you. To submit a request to know or a request to delete, please send an email to Privacy@boatzon.com
7. we will attempt to resolve complaints and disputes and make every reasonable effort to honor your wish to exercise your rights as quickly as possible, within the timescales provided by applicable data protection laws.